AZAIKI FOUNDATION AWARDS 2022/2023: CALL FOR NOMINATION
AZAIKI FOUNDATION AWARDS 2022/2023
CALL FOR NOMINATION
The Azaiki Foundation calls on the public to nominate to the screening committee outstanding individuals, organizations, and government agencies for the conferment of award on the following categories:
1. Peace and goodwill ambassador
2. Trailblazer award
3. Lifetime achievement award
4. Most influential person
5. Ijaw man of the year
6. Young leaders award
7. Foremost academic achiever
8. Sport achievement
9. Music and entertainment
10. Most influential entertainment personality
11. Political leadership
12. Most influential politician
13. Foremost educationist
14. Businessman of the year
15. Foremost company of the year
16. Outstanding journalist
17. Social media influencer
18. Human rights
19. Human capital development
20. Legislator of the year
21. Most influential government official
22. Most hardworking government official
23. Young entrepreneur
24. Outstanding NGO
25. Extraordinary personality of the year
26. Friends of the Ijaw nation (This will go to men and women who have demonstrated love and friendship towards the Ijaw nation)
27. Posthumous award (to be given to those who contributed to the emancipation, development and progress of Ijaw nation)
28. Outstanding Police officer (serving or retired)
29. Outstanding military officer (serving or retired)
30. Outstanding paramilitary officer (serving or retired)
Nominations/nominees and their categories should be sent to azaikifoundationawards@gmail.
The Azaiki Foundation Awards is instituted to recognize outstanding individuals, groups, agencies, organisations, government and success stories of the Ijaw nations and friends of Ijaw nation across the globe.
The awards will be presented to award winners to honour excellence, dedication, innovation and service in their work for social, educational and economic development at community, state, national and continental levels.
Awardees will be selected based on their contributions to development in one or more of the stated categories and according to the criteria stated by the screening committee.
The award is organized by the Azaiki Foundation in collaboration with the Azaiki Museum of Niger Delta, the Museum of African Arts, Institute of Science and Technology, and the Office of the Honourable Member representing Yenagoa/Kolokuma-Opokuma Federal Constituency in the National Assembly.
These awards honour the creative use of talent, influence, finance and other resources to move the Ijaw nation and Nigeria forward. The award aims to identify and raise the profile of awardees and highlight their contributions towards building a fairer, sustainable, peaceful, and prosperous future for all citizens.
The Foundation also celebrates our previous awardees, which include His Excellency Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan GCFR, Professor E.J. Alagoa, Chief Rufus Ada-George, Dr Abiye Sekibo, Professor T.T. Isoun, Honourable Odein Ajumogobia (SAN), Dr (Mrs.) Maria Isoun, Chief Alabo Tonye Graham-Douglas, Professor Ayebaemi Spiff and other notable Ijaw sons and daughters.Leave a reply →